The PROFOUND Final Event under the topic “Robust projections of forests under climate change – data, methods and models” took place in Potsdam on 9-10 October. It was a great success! More than 100 researchers got together, presented their work, had exciting discussions and created new networks. A big thanks to all participants who made this meeting so inspiring, warm and friendly!
But PROFOUND is not yet at its end! Watch out for exciting papers and other products coming out soon!
You can find the agenda of the meeting here.
Here are the slides for most of the presentations:
- Christopher Reyer Opening & PROFOUND overview
- Sebastiaan Luyssaert ERROR: Abort, Retry, Fail?
- Miguel A. Zavala Assessing European forest vulnerability in response to climate change: do we need more data or better models?
- Rupert Seidl Understanding and modeling forest disturbances under climate change
- Florian Hartig Bayesian inference for linking process-based forest models to data – state-of-the-art and challenges
- Mike Dietze PROFOUND Thoughts on Model-Data Integration & Forecasting
- Joanna Horemans Who’s guilty? – a variance-based uncertainty assessment
- Kristina Blennow Identifying the knowledge gap between climate change forest-impact modelers and stakeholders
- Anja Rammig How robust are projections of forests under climate change: An example from the tropical rainforest
- Harald Bugmann How to formulate processes for robust forest models?
- Thomas Hickler Robust and insightful projections of forests under climate change across scales
- Friedrich Bohn, Franziska Taubert The Future of Vegetation Modelling
- Belinda Medlyn Improving process-based models, one assumption at a time
Parallel Session I
- Rasoul Yousefpour A Modelling Study of Faustmann LEV and Carbon Economy to Forest Models Uncertainty
- Gaby Deckmyn Recomendations to improve soil representation in forest ecosystem models
- Axel Albrecht Multi-criterial tree species suitability under climate change: achieved results and future projects
- Aleksi Lehtonen Soil carbon models for carbon stock estimation – where do we fail?
- Marco Mina Representation of species mixing in growth functions for forest development models
- Katarina Merganicova Lessons learned to improve carbon allocation modelling towards its robust representation
- Michael Petr Review of diverse uncertainties in forest modelling and forest decision-making
- Andrew Hacket-Pain Reproducing reproduction: developing a framework for the parameterisation of mast seeding in forest dynamics models
- Alexandre Chikalanov Decision Support System for Smart Forest Ecosystem Services Management
- Mart-Jan Schelhaas Accounting for intra-specific variation in modeling forest responses to climate change
Parallel Session II
- Xueqing Yang Climate change impacts in regional landscape: specifically in rubber plantation response in sub- tropical China
- Annemarie Hildegard Eckes Paradigm shift towards balanced source and sink-driven vegetation modelling
- Raul Sanchez-Salguero Forest vulnerability to a warmer 21st-century climate: Assessing climate extremes using process-based models of tree growth
- Annikki Mäkelä Links between site index, carbon fluxes and below-ground C allocation in determining forest productivity
- Adriana Principe Guiding reforestation efforts of Mediterranean forest under climate change
- Matthias Schmidt Implementing extreme weather-induced biotic and abiotic risks in forest survival models
- Mikko Peltoniemi Forest management determines the accumulation of C in Finnish forests under climate change
- Lisa Hülsmann Advancing forest projections with empirical mortality models – A résumé of recent tree mortality studies
- Tuomo Kalliokoski The response of boreal forests primary production on the range of uncertainty of climate scenarios
- Jonathan Schurman Regional disturbance patterns in primary Norway spruce: historical variability and ecological memory
Parallel Session III
- Denis Lostau GO+ application to regional ISI-MIP sites
- Gunnar Petter Experiences of comparing forest landscape models
- Mart-Jan Schelhaas Developing individual-tree diameter growth functions for Europe
- Francesco Minunno Comparison of MCMC algorithms
- Guillaume Marie Simulating forest resilience at regional and global scale
- Alicia Palacios Orueta Assessment of european forests temporal dynamics
- Valentine Lafond Projecting forest productivity under climate change at the European scale: a metamodeling approach
- Roberto Pilli The impact of climate and forest management on future European forest NPP